Who doesn’t love something rich and chocolaty?
I am seriously obsessed with dark, chocolaty goodness. There are few things quite as satisfying. This double chocolate banana ice cream offers the same satisfaction as a pint of Ben and Jerry’s (well, almost), but significantly more nutritious.
Why this Double Chocolate Banana Ice Cream > Traditional Ice Cream
- Raw cacao adds a hearty dose of minerals including magnesium, copper, manganese, iron, selenium, potassium, phosphorus and zinc. So, this recipe is basically a mineral supplement.
- This recipe has 10 g of fiber. That is more than 1/3 of the fiber you need daily, and more naturally occurring fiber (compared to added fiber in processed products) promotes gut health. WIN.
- No dairy! More people are sensitive to dairy than are aware of it, as many as 4 out of 5 people may have some level of intolerance to dairy products. Although ice cream tends to be tolerated better than lower fat dairy products, less dairy is always a good thing. Dairy can promote inflammation, and creates an acidic environment in the body. Subbing out a few dairy products each week might do some good for digestion, maintenance of body pH and hormonal balance.
- No added sugar. The only sugar in this recipe is the naturally occuring sugar in the bananas. Satisying a sweet craving with two bananas and 10 grams of fiber is much more blood sugar friendly than about 92 grams of sugar in a pint of Ben and Jerry’s.
Double Chocolate Paleo Banana Ice Cream
A rich, indulgent and perfectly healthy sweet treat for hot days.
- 2 bananas frozen
- 1/2-3/4 cup almond milk or water
- 2 tbsp dark cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1-2 tbsp cacao nibs
Add ingredients to a blender or food processor, and blend.
Start with a 1/2 of liquid and adjust to get the right consistency.
Serve immediately, or spread in a shallow dish and freeze for up to 2 hours.
Other Nice Cream Recipes:
Maple Maca Walnut Banana Ice Cream