This sweet and tangy Honey Lime Dressing drizzled on top of a crisp green summer salad is pure perfection. Pakced with citrus flavor and made from simple ingredients, this healthy dressing can be made in just 10 minutes and works as a tasty marinade too!
This Honey Lime Dressing is a household staple, and so much healthier than store-bought options that are typically loaded with unhealthy oils and refined sugar. This dressing can be whippped up in 10 minutes and stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Pour it over a green salad loaded with fresh fruit and crunchy nuts or use it to marinade meat for an easy weekened BBQ.
Ingredient Notes & Possible Substitutions
- Olive oil - If you do not enjoy the flavor of olive oil, avocado oil would make an appropriate, neutral-flavored alternative.
- Honey - So much of the flavor in this dressing is from the honey, so select a high-quality honey to ensure the dressing is as flavorful as possible.
- Lime Juice - I recommend fresh lime juice in this recipe, especially because we use the zest from the limes to add some additional flavor. If you want to use store-bought lime juice, use a high-quality option like Santa Cruz Organics.
- White Balsamic Vinegar - White balsamic vinegar is mild and slightly sweet. I do not recommend regular balsamic vinegar in this recipe. If you need an alternative, try apple cider vinegar or just use a little additional lime juice.
- Garlic Powder - You can use fresh minced garlic (about 2 small cloves) in place of garlic powder.
- Xanthan Gum - Xanthan gum is totally optional in this recipe. We use it because it works as an emulsifier and thickening agent, keeping the oil suspended in the dressing. Without it, you will just need to shake the dressing thoroughly before each use. If using it, be very careful not to use more than ⅛th of a teaspoon or it will get too viscous.
How to Make this Honey Lime Dressing
Making this dressing is a breeze! I love using Mason jars with lids to make dressing because you can make and store it in the same container.
To make this dressing, simple combine the olive oil, honey, lime juice, white balsamic vinegar, zest, garlic powder, salt and xanthan gum (if using) in a 16-ounce jar and seal with the lid. Shake the jar until everything is well combined and then serve!
- Using a jar with a lid to agitate the dressing saves dishes because it doubles as a storage container.
- Shake the dressing before serving in case it seperates when stored.
- Keep in mind that olive oil will solidify some when stored in the fridge. Pull the dressing from the fridge and allow it to come to room temeprature for about 10 minutes before serving if it looks too thick.
Other Great Recipes
Love this recipe? Connect with me by leaving a comment below! 😊
Honey Lime Dressing
- Jar with lid 16-ounce
- Juice and zest the limes. Combine all ingredients in a jar fitted with a lid. Seal the jar and agitate until everything is well combined. Serve immediately or store sealed in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.