This simple Keto Strawberry Sauce is the perfect addition to any low carb dessert. Ready in 20 minutes and made from only 5 ingredients, this thick and flavorful strawberry sauce will take your dessert to the next level.
This strawberry sauce is so simple to make and made from only a few wholesome ingredients. It is totally a new favorite around here!
With only 12 calories and 2 grams of net carbs per serving, you can feel good about adding this sauce to all of your favorite treats!
How To Make Low Carb Strawberry Sauce
- First combine the following ingredients in a sauce pan or small pot: 1 pound of frozen strawberries, the juice from one small lemon, ¼ cup + 1 tbsp. of granulated erythritol, and ½ tsp. of pure liquid stevia.
- Heat the ingredients over medium heat stirring frequently with a wooden spatula to help break down the strawberries.
- Slowly sprinkle in ½ tsp. of xanthan gum while stirring to prevent it from clumping.
- Continue to cook and stir the mixture, allowing it to reduce. This will take about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove it from the heat and let it cool completely before serving.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Can I Use Fresh Strawberries?
Fresh strawberries can be used in this recipe. I chose to use frozen strawberries because they are cheaper, readily available regardless of season and breakdown easier, but fresh strawberries will also work!
What Type Of Sweetener Should I Use?
I use granulated erythritol and liquid stevia in this recipe, however, I know everyone has their preferred low glycemic sweetener. Because this recipe is quite simple, you could sweeten with whatever sweetener you like or have on hand. Each low carb sweetener is going to measure differently so be sure to adjust the amount you use to your own taste.
What To Serve This Strawberry Sauce On
This strawberry sauce is super versatile and will certainly take your low carb treats up a notch. Here are some ideas:
- Top low carb ice cream with it (I love Rebel creamery!)
- Use it to dress up keto cheesecake
- Drizzle it on top of a sugar-free brownie
- Add it to some Greek yogurt
- How about strawberry sauce and a slice of rich keto chocolate cake?
- Sick of low carb syrup? This strawberry sauce makes an excellent pancake topping!
Sweeten To Taste
As written, this recipe is only moderately sweet. Depending what you plan to use the sauce for you may want it more or less sweet. Adjust the amount of sweetener to suite your needs and taste!
Allow Proper Time For Breakdown
Cooking the sauce for the full 15-20 minutes will help the flavor develop and the strawberries breakdown in to a thick and tasty sauce. Patience is key!
Sprinkle The Xanthan Gum
Xanthan gum clumps together fairly easily. Be sure to sprinkle, not dump, this ingredient in to the sauce pan. Continue to stir when adding this ingredient so that it dissolves.
For A Smoother Sauce...
For a smoother sauce you can blend the finished product in a blender until the chunks are gone. The sauce will become more white and opaque due to the air bubbles that form during the blending process. This is normal and won't effect the flavor.
Feel free to leave a comment and a rating below. Feedback is always appreciated!
Keto Strawberry Sauce
- Sauce Pan
- Wooden spatula
- Heat a pot with the strawberries over medium heat. Add the lemon juice and sweetener and stir. Allow to reduce down stirring frequently to prevent sticking to the bottom. While stirring, break apart the strawberries with a wooden spatula.
- Slowly sprinkle in the xanthan gum while stirring. Avoid pouring it in to prevent it from clumping.
- Continue to cook strawberry mixture for about 15 minutes or until strawberries break down, the liquid reduces and the sauce thickens. Taste the sauce and decide if you want to add anymore sweetener at this time. If it is sweet enough for you, remove from heat and cool. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.